RE: Anyone heard RS-15 in the last week?

To follow up, a very good pass just ended (13:27z) here and the beacon was
559 CW telemetry. I heard myself through the bird quite well so the bird is
very much alive but no one answered the CQ. At any rate, here are some
things I've heard which may make it easier for you to spot the satellite and
determine if it's worth the trouble on any particular pass:

No beacon: Transponder may be on or off but it's one or the other, not
switching.
Solid Beacon: Transponder is also on and probably good signal returns.
Switched beacon: Transponder probably follows beacon on and off. Not worth
the trouble.
Solid CW telemetry: Transponder is on solid, also. Probably good return
signals.
Switched CW telemetry: Transponder is on and off too. Again, not worth the
trouble.

Telemetry consists of 5 characters of whatever. If you copy it and something
comes up with less than 5 characters and there are gaps, it's switching.

Personally, some of the best passes for me are at night when the 10m noise
dies down somewhat so RS-15 is definately not a daylight-only satellite.
Another thing I've found *very* useful with this satellite is the ability to
move the downlink antenna right onto the satellite. I built a dipole out of
3/4" aluminum and mounted it on a TV rotor and it works wonderfully, much
better than the fixed dipoles, turnstiles and loops I tried before. The pass
that just ended had an overhead of 75 degrees and reception was no problem
there, either.

Just FYI.  73...Mark