RE: NExt AO-27 Pass

> To the best of what I can gather, the next AO-27 pass is
> going to be about
> 23:58 UTC (Which is 7pm local on the east coast.)

Can't answer this one, I'm on the other side of the world. :-)

> I'm having trouble with deciphering WIn Orb and want to
> verify this..  I'm
> gonna try to work the next pass..

WinOrbit is fairly straightforward.  Depending on how you're using it, the
output will be in either UTC or local time (assuming you've setup the time
offset correctly).  If you have the satellite in a map window, you'll see
the AOS time on the left hand end of the status bar for that map.

The time may be in UTC or local time, depending on the options you have
configured in the program.  I tend to use local time, unless I'm publishing
the predictions on the Net, in which case, I'd use UTC for obvious reasons.

I do use Winorbit on a daily basis, so if you have any specific questions,
feel free to ask.

> PS-  Someone told me that UO-14 has a similar operation.  Is
> this true?
> Will it be on for the 1am (UTC) pass??  What are the frequencies?

UO-14 is on continuously, so if it's visible, you can work it.  It requires
the same gear as AO-27.  I typically use a couple of handhelds and a
portable beam for UO-14 and get excellent results.

Frequencies are

Uplink  145.975 FM
Downlink  435.070 FM (+/- 10 kHz Doppler).