Re: Anyone with a Yaesu 5400 or 5500 rotor

Hi Richard

You're lucky in that I have a 5500 in the shack right now waiting for the day
I put it up.

There's a clamp which has a minimum diameter of 1.5". I guess you could fill
it with plywood or some other filling material.

The downside is that the mast needs about a 5/16" hole through it for a bolt
to hold the two sides of the clamp together. This might be a problem with only
a 1" pole.

I've only used it with a 2" pole.

Similarly, the expected boom diameter is 1.5", and it won't go much smaller
without packing it.

73s, Howard G6LVB