Anyone with a Yaesu 5400 or 5500 rotor

Anyone with a 5400 or 5500 should be able to answer this. I am planning on
getting the 5500 and placing it on a 1" mask. Can the 5500 fit on a 1" OD
pipe or does it require 1 1/2" or perhaps 2" inch pipe to sit on.

The weather in San Diego is very mild (not much wind) and I am putting
small satellite yagi's, each about 5 lbs on it.  So I don't see the need
for a large pipe and just want to make sure the 5500 will accept it.

thanks in advance,
Rich Parry, W9IF