Software based packet radio modem

Hello,

I have read somewhere on the Internet that there are some packet radio
modems being developed purely in software and interfaced through a PC's
sound card. I wonder if anyone has heard of these. If I recall correctly
they work very well at 300 and 1200 baud. I'm not sure if they work at 9600
baud. However if they are effective it would be a great way of starting off
in packet radio.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
73s Stefan 4S6ST

---------------------------------------
Stefan J. L. Caspersz (4S6ST)
e-mail: stefancaspersz@yahoo.com
	4s6st@qsl.net

Undergraduate B.Sc. Computing & Information Systems
University Of London External Programme
http://www.lon.ac.uk/external/

10/1, 14th Lane,
Colombo 13,