Re: 9913F??

In a message dated 3/23/00 4:24:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rlong3@columbus.rr.com (Ronald Long) writes:

> You might also look at Aircom Plus. This is a German made
>  coax with a
>  better support for the center conductor, but still largely
>  an air
>  dielectric. They have special N connectors also. Although
>  the center
>  conductor is solid they say it has no problem with bending
>  due to the
>  better support of the center conductor.

I have been using AirCom + since June 1995 as rotor jumpers on 2m and 70cm.
No problems with it here, some 5400 satellite contacts later......

>  http://www.ssbusa.com/aircom.html

While you're there, check out their preamps!

>  Contrary to the experience of most people I have had regular
>  9913 up for 10 years without water or flex problems.

Ditto on water! Only again been since 1995, but no problems. The 70' run I
have is for a dual band vertical on top of my tower. N connectors used were
Amphenol specifically made for 9913 and Cablewave heat shrink boots and
Decibel Products Vapor Wrap. I do not use it for rotor jumpers. I think that
would be asking for trouble due to center conductor support issues.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator