RE: 9913F??

I was at Ham Radio Outlet in Anaheim (in the "new" store) a week ago and
they reported that Belden had discontinued 9913 and they did not have any
more and everybody was backordered on 9913F.  He did not saw why, but the
fact that "everybody" is backordered on 9913F would go along with someone
elses comment about Belden having a problem with it.  I ended up buying
Times LMR-400.

As  to someone elses comment about getting water in 9913, I have 5 runs of
the stuff that got put up last November and so far I have had problems with
water in only one of the runs.  The 2M satellite antennas feedline keeps
showing a high SWR due to water.  I have drained it 4 times so far and every
time it's fine for a while and then the high SWR returns (I noticed it again
early this morning when I could hardly get into FO-20).  What's surprising
about that is the satellite antennas have GasFet pre-amps mounted in an
outdoor electrical box mounted just below the rotor and the 9913 runs from
that protected environment to a bulkhead feedthrough panel under my house
which is also weather protected.  I will be replacing the 9913 with the
LMR-400 either shortly or when I redo my antennas after putting up my tower
this spring.
73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org