RE: Icom 706

Ok, here's a thought.  My principal reason for wanting the smaller rig is
for travel.  That said, it's looking like I will go with the 706 for now.

Now...  With all the fuss about the full duplex issue...  I own several 2M
FM rigs.  My primary interest is in the AO27 bird and working the FM
Repeator type birds.  I can do this effectively with the 706's 70cm side
(Which has a hell of a lot better tuning than my HT) and a 2M Mobile rig.

Is *THIS* a solution that will keep me out of the Wolfhong (SP?) hall of
fame with you guys??

SInce my other interests are in HF, VHf Terrestrial, I think this is a
good solution.

I may regret this.. But, Comments??

Dave