Re: 9913F??

on 3/22/00 10:35 PM, Bob V Johnson at w7lrd@juno.com wrote:

> I recently inquired a local (Seattle) supplier (Westlake Electronic
> Supply) about getting some 9913F.  I was told they no longer have or can
> get this coax, also Beldin is coming out with a
> "new and improved" product in about a month.  Has anyone else heard of
> this?  Also would 9913 as opposed to 9913F serve the purpose most of us
> use it for.  They do have 9913 (solid center) available.

Belden has had some quality issues with 9913F.  Cable Experts in Wheeling,
IL has a 9913F equivalent that is nice.  It's what I use.
www.cablexperts.com

The 9913 solid is very nice for long runs, but don't use it with a rotor.
It is EXTREMELY unflexible and is also somewhat of a pain to use as it has a
mind of its own.

Some of the Times Microwave LMR cables now offer better performance than the
9913s at about the same price.

73,

Jon
KE9NA