RE: Icom 706

> Geesh, seems that the Icoms have it, however, I'm wondering
> why people seem
> so opposed to these two rigs.  They are cost effective and
> relatively full
> featured.  I don't wanna spend the extra $400 for 847 right
> now, though it's
> not being precluded from future consideration.  Right now though, the
> portability is a very serious concern as I travel almost perpetually.

I can't be 100% sure, but from what I've seen, the 706IIG can't operate
crossband full duplex like the 847, so that can make it limiting for
satellite work.

Either that or the person I know with one needs a few pointers on getting it
to go full duplex :)

I have no idea on the FT 100, never even seen one close up.