OT: Logging programs

This is off topic enough that replies should be sent to me directly and not
to the list.

I have come to the conclusion that I really need to computerize my VHF, UHF,
and satellite contacts.  Although I likely could write my own or put
together something in Access, I'm not sure I want to make that much effort.
Therefore I am looking for opinions, recommendations, condemnations etc.
about various logging programs.

Besides basic logging, I am looking for something that will allow me to
check (in real time) to see if a particular station, state or grid square
(or DX Country) has been worked (or confirmed) on a particular band or
satellite, provide summary information (not necessarily in real time) about
total grids or states worked on a particular band or satellite (or all bands
or satellites).  Ability to have the program fill in QSL cards would be
nice.  I'm sure there are a few things I have forgotten to include here as
well.  Fell free to suggest them - and your favorite program that does (or
doesn't) do that function.

73