DXpedition antennas

> I just had another thought about this.
>
> I have the KLM 22 element and 40 element antennas in use at my shack.
> Obviously, these would work great but are too big for an expedition like
> clipperton.

On the contrary, these are exactly the antennas that I used from
Navassa Island KP1, Sable Island CY0 and The Gambia C56.
Each of these operations netted some 600+ QSOs, primarily
on a CPU dead AO-10.  They don't take much more room to lug
than some other smaller satellite antennas.....however they do take
considerably longer to set up.  What would I do different? Go for
linear antennas, rather than CP.  Half the number of elements to
work with and getting away from CP problems associated with
the less than optimum mounting/cabling arrangements that I
typically end up with.

73 Don -VE1AOE-