Re: Sat. ops for Clipperton Is. DX-pedition

on 3/19/00 11:16 PM, Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 at faunt@netcom.com
wrote:

> Has anyone built any good DXpedition antennas?  I'd like to see
> something like the arrow antennas, but CP and with 6 or 8 foot booms.
> If I'd have had something good that I could take down quickly and
> carry easily, I might have gotten another evening's operation.
> And we're going to be needing L and S band antennas suitable for
> traveling, soon, I hope.

I just had another thought about this.

I have the KLM 22 element and 40 element antennas in use at my shack.
Obviously, these would work great but are too big for an expedition like
clipperton.

However, you could potentially use just one or two sections of the antenna
and not take the whole thing.  One section of each will still have  better
gain (and CP) than the Arrow, but won't be all that bulky.

Just a thought.....

73,

Jon
KE9NA