Re: DXpedition Antennas

At 19:59 2000-03-20 , Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:
>The tripod is easy.  They're often used for speaker stands in
>professional audio setups (or even those of us in the streets for
>demonstrations), but I can't picture the replacement of the insulators
>with nylon screws.  Can you describe it in more detail?
>
>So what's the advantage of insulated elements over non-insulated?
>73, doug

It worked real good. The little bolts are about 3/8" if I remember right and
Mike drilled the boom out so they would fit it. Then he drilled out the center
of the nylon bolts so the elements would be able to go through it and set them
in the proper location so when the elements were put on and the nylon nut was
put on the elements would be centered. It worked out real good.

If you look at your beam you will see that your elements are already insulated
from the boom in most antennas..

73, Bill N4XEO

E- Mail        mailto:n4xeo@amsat.org
home page: http://www.qsl.net/n4xeo