73, doug

   From: wd3q@erols.com
   CC: n4ifd@AMSAT.Org, amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
   Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:12:35 -0800

   When I went on a couple of DXpeditions in the 1990's I had a
   WONDERFUL antenna setup put together for me by Mike Crisler,
   N4IFD.

   The antennas were KLMs that Mike modified by replacing the element
   insulators and keepers with nylon screws and wingnuts. The antennas
   went together in minutes.

   Mike also rigged a very sturdy tripod that looked like a (film)
   light stand that was stronger and more stable than a traditional
   photographer's tripod.

   I'll see if I have pictures of the set-up...it worked fabulously
   for me.

   Oh yes, it all fit into a 6" PVC pipe.

   73 & GL!

   Eric W3DQ