DXpedition Antennas

When I went on a couple of DXpeditions in the 1990's I had a
WONDERFUL antenna setup put together for me by Mike Crisler,
N4IFD.

The antennas were KLMs that Mike modified by replacing the element
insulators and keepers with nylon screws and wingnuts. The antennas
went together in minutes.

Mike also rigged a very sturdy tripod that looked like a (film)
light stand that was stronger and more stable than a traditional
photographer's tripod.

I'll see if I have pictures of the set-up...it worked fabulously
for me.

Oh yes, it all fit into a 6" PVC pipe.

73 & GL!

Eric W3DQ