Re: which tnc to buy ?

What about the orginal KPC-9612?  They're a lot cheaper.
73, doug

   Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:33:35 -0600
   From: Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com>
   Sender: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org

   on 3/14/00 11:46 PM, Christopher Maness at kq6up@hotmail.com wrote:

   > I am interested in getting on the pacsats, and I would like to know what is
   > my best bet for a 9k6b TNC.  I'm considering purchasing a pk-96 or a kan
   > 9612.  Do these work with wisp.  If there are other models that are better
   > suited for the job please let me know.

   The TNC which seems the most flexible is the KPC-9612+.  It has a dedicated
   9600 baud port and a dedicated 1200 baud port.  Plus you can add a third
   port as well.  Also, the modem is configurable so that you can use higher
   data rates as well.  It's expensive, but if you are really going to go hog
   wild with 9k6, it's the one to buy IMHO.

   73,

   Jon
   KE9NA

   Jon Ogden