Re: New Icom Rig?

In a message dated 3/17/00 2:46:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cbuttsch@slonet.org writes:

<< Is there an announced price on this rig yet?  Cliff K7RR

 On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, John, N8Ghz wrote:

 > It is being said that there is a new ICOM radio..
 > IC-910  ...a 2mtr/70cm/23cm All-mode...
 > 100w on 2, 75w on 70cm, and 10w on 1240-1300mhz?
 >
 > Sketchy info here:
 >
 > http://www.tvs-online.it/page11.html >>

Well Cliff, as I am currently in the market for such a system, I am in the
midst of
researching this newest option.  I just spoke to Icom an hour ago and gladly
informed them of the news.  They had no idea, but dug a little while I waited
and the engineer I had on the line was able to confirm our suspicions.
Nevertheless it was news to him.  I guess you and I are just on the cutting
edge here.  I first learned of the IC-821's demise last weekend while at the
Charlotte hamfest and simultaneously learned of this upcoming option that now
at least has a name.  I'm pretty sure that a price for us to look at is even
further out on the horizon than even the rig itself.  I just spent the past
hour or so digging around on the various Icom web sites and have seen no
mention of the IC-910H.  I almost feel proud to be publicly announcing this
upcoming option in equipment.  I assure you it was purley accidental when I
discovered such a thing was in the works, for that matter the only rumor
flying at the time was that Kenwood has something in the works and I say has,
because they're
being real mysterious unlike Icom, which just means yea, they too have a rig
in the works.  I'm sure either system will be a nice addition to the
shack...Take care.

73 - Steve
K5PK