Re: More Iridium saga

on 3/16/00 9:40 PM, Anthony Monteiro at aa2tx@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
wrote:

> 4. Although I was told that they were having an exceedingly
> difficult time finding someone for this job, they refused
> to meet my rather modest salary requirements (modest at
> least by Bell Labs standards) saying that it would violate
> the corporate salary guidelines. Seems they had a formula for
> calculating your starting salary based on your age, years
> of experience, etc. (but not the market!)

Motorola does (or at least did) pay salaries this way.  I don't think your
age had anything to do with it.  The pay scale was broken down into "ranges"
that each grade level could get paid.  If you wanted a certain position but
the pay you asked for was above what they could pay for that position,
sorry....out of luck!  The fun thing about it was that this was posted.  So
if you knew the grade level of a certain manager or executive, you knew
approximately what he/she was getting paid!

What this has to do with satellites I have no idea!

Good thing you didn't take the job!

73,

Jon
KE9NA