Re: Regarding Iridium

on 3/16/00 11:17 AM, Ronald Ross at ronald@thistle.org wrote:

> These are just a few of the stories using the Iridium phone. While the
> debate about the merits and economics of the system rage-on. It has very
> quickly become adopted in remote areas and the convenience we found
> will surely be missed by many people in these areas.

There's a lot of big industry in the South Pole and many business people
travel there!  - Sarcasm with a smile intended!  :-)

Yes, it's sad that the remote areas being served by Iridium won't be.  But
you can't build a commercial business on people traveling to the South Pole.
Inmarsat still exists and can be used for such stuff.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden