Re: multiple address email help

Ronald Long wrote:

> I want to be able to send an email to a small list (a few dozen people)
> directly from my PC but I want to suppress the CC: field so that all the
> recipients do not see who else is on the list.
>
> I am sure I have received mail like that but I don't know how it was done.
> Is there a special PC mail program with that capability? I now use Eudora
> Pro but I haven't found anything in its documentation.

Look in the manual/online help under BCC (Blind Courtesy Copy).

> Please don't suggest Unix, Linux, or a mail list on a server. This is a
> casual need and I want a simple solution with just my PC and ISP.

This is a function of the email program and the protocols it
uses. The underlying operating system has nothing to do with it.

Systems like Linux are very handy, but are not a panacea. I'm very
much a fan of Linux - it does some very useful things, and does
them very well - but it is not a priori the solution to all problems.
--
Laura Halliday VA3LDH    "Laisse le vent tout emporter..."
Grid: FN03gs                - Foly/Viennet