Re: Hardware Sources?

Hello Tim,

for stainless steel u-bolts try e-mail to:

wa4dru@iu.net

Ask allan about the pricing. His U bolts have a solid cast
alloy saddle providing very good surface area to bind into the
round mast or boom. Allan's firm is HARBACH ELECTRONICS in
Melbourne, FL phone:  407-723-7145

He also has a web site but the address alludes me.

for ss nuts, split ring lock washers and flat washers try:

TEK SUPPLY at 1-800-835-7877    ask for:

1/4-20, hex ss,  #FALB10, bag of 100 for 3.39$
5/16-18, hex nut, ss, #FALB12, $4.87  per bag of 100
3/8-16, SS hex nut, #FALB14, bag of 100 for 7.10

1/4" flat washer ss, #FAME16, bag of 100 for 2.13$
5/16" flat washer ss, #FAME17, bag of 100 for 3.03
3/8 flat washer ss, #FAME18, bag of 100 for 3.92

1/4" split ring lock washer, ss #FAMA16, 21.0 for a bag of 100
5/16"       "			#FAMA17,  2.92 for bag
3/8"		"		#FAMA18	   4.66 a bag of 100

pricing may have changed, so call for latest info and ask
to be put on the catalog mailing list or to place an order...

Be sure to use a tenacious marine trailer wheel bearing grease
on the threads before applying and torquing the hex nut.

The SS hardware can be overtorqued and destroyed. I use a 3/8" ratchet
shortened to a 3" handle and only use one hand to snug up my U-bolts.

Have extra hardware on hand when installing/de installing your
antennas.
After a few years on the tower, contamination will fill up the threads
and will the nut will bind on removal torquing off broken. The grease
not only lubricates on installation, but fills the voids on the thread
to prevent thread contamination

Hope this was useful.

Stan, WA1ECF    FN41sr   Cape Cod, MA