Re: P3D Telemetry and Experiment Data

Paul,

I would be intertested in helping do something for this.  My current work is
based on web based information systems using Java Servlets amd databases.

A big question would be who would host it?  Maybe I could get Sun to donate some
equipment!

-- John Melton n6lyt/g0orx

                Principal Systems Software Engineer
        ((      Sun Microsystems,
      (|~~|     Flour Daniel Centre East, Riverside Way
       `--'     Camberley, Surrey GU15 3YL  England
       JAVA     Phone: +44 1276 416297  (internal ext 16297)
                Email: john.melton@uk.sun.com

> To: James R Miller <g3ruh@jrmiller.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] P3D Telemetry and Experiment Data
> Cc: Zeus@myth.demon.co.uk, amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>
> At 05:38 PM 3/10/00 +0000, James R Miller wrote:
> >On Mar 08, Mike  <Zeus@myth.demon.co.uk> wrote
> >
> >  > What I propose is an archive in the form of an FTP site or similar to
> >  > which people can submit raw data dumps which may be used in the future
> >  > to derive long term performance data.
> >
> >    See, for example:
> >
> >     http://www.amsat.org/amsat/satinfo/ao13
>
> Umm, that's ftp://ftp.amsat.org/amsat/satinfo/ao13
>
> I would very much like to have a more "active" archive for P3D, and for that
matter for any other satellite that transmits telemetry. I've been meaning to
set up a system where any groundstation could submit telemetry copy via a web
page or FTP location, and the submitted telemetry would automatically be
integrated into a database online (with duplicates removed, and maybe some
"scoring" for an incentive). Then there'd be a query interface on the web where
anybody could pull reports based on certain criteria, maybe even online graphs
and other whiz-bang features.

> Doing all that stuff takes a minute to describe, but many many hours to
implement. If anybody out there with the appropriate programming skills (Unix,
database, CGI, whatnot) wants to take this on, let's talk.