Re: which tnc to buy ?

on 3/14/00 11:46 PM, Christopher Maness at kq6up@hotmail.com wrote:

> I am interested in getting on the pacsats, and I would like to know what is
> my best bet for a 9k6b TNC.  I'm considering purchasing a pk-96 or a kan
> 9612.  Do these work with wisp.  If there are other models that are better
> suited for the job please let me know.

The TNC which seems the most flexible is the KPC-9612+.  It has a dedicated
9600 baud port and a dedicated 1200 baud port.  Plus you can add a third
port as well.  Also, the modem is configurable so that you can use higher
data rates as well.  It's expensive, but if you are really going to go hog
wild with 9k6, it's the one to buy IMHO.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden