more on ux-14

This question about the availability of the Icom ux-14 option for the
  ic-271/471/1271 keeps coming up.

I called Icom support on the ux-14 question and got the following info.

It is out of production as we suspected. Also as we guessed it uses a
pre-programmed microprocessor. However, the microprocessor is available
from Icom at approximately US$38.

The gentleman I spoke to promised to send me a schematic and parts list
which I will share.

Is anyone who has a radio which is equipped with the ux-14 option willing
to remove and photograph it? Also how is the pcb mounted in the radio? What
cables or connectors are used? Would a clone have to be exactly the same
size or is there a bit of space for a larger pcb?

How badly do folks want this option, i.e. what are you willing to pay? Are
there any volunteers to do a pcb layout?

73, ron w8gus.