RE: Future satellite rigs.

Steve - K5PK said (in part):

> I just returned from the Charlotte hamfest and learned that the IC-821H
> has been discontinued.
<snip>
> As far as Kenwood goes, they still remain mysterious about what if
> anything is in the works but it sounds as though they are developing
> something.
<snip>

I can tell a little about this.  One of the guys I regularly talk to on a
local 220 repeater is both a die hard VHF Dxer and works for Kenwood.  He
regularly gets to play with stuff that is still in alpha or beta testing.
Some time ago, while in a conversation with him about the Yaesu 736 being
"replaced" with the 847, and the general lack of VHF/UHF all mode radios, he
told me (and I come close to quoting) We have seen what the competition is
doing and there is room for improvement.   Try as I can, I can't get him to
tell me anything more.  I hope that means that Kenwood is coming up with
something good!  Sounds like it to me...

73