Re: Radios

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Matt Donohoe wrote:

> Does anybody know if there are currently any new-er type radios, cheap, like
> say,  handheld's that are usable on packet? 9600bps ?

I modified an $88 Alinco DJ41 for 9600 baud. There's a link somewhere on
my ASTARS page:

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/astars.html

But it was 6 dB below the performance of my kenwood THD7 (but only 1/4th
the price...  Oh, I did NOT modify it for transmit. 9600 baud receive was
all I was after at the time...)

de WB4APR, Bob