Re: Help... down to the last two cables.

Mount the 70cm antenna so that the driven element is not a multiple of 1/2
wave length.  The balancing can easily be done by adjusting the 2M antenna
forward and back to off set any unbalance.  With the coax running along the
booms there is nothing hanging from the rear of the antennas.  If you can
find a copy of the AMSAT Proceedings from 1993, there was a talk given in
Arlington, Texas by Kent Britain, WA5VJB, in which he illustrates the gain
and SWR measurements he made using such an arrangement.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org