From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Jon Ogden
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 7:59 PM
To: Tim Pickett; pacsat@qth.net; hamsat@qth.net; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org;
kd9kc@elp.rr.com
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Help... down to the last two cables.

on 3/10/00 10:10 AM, Tim Pickett at tsp@tds.net wrote:

> The metal crossboom may give you some trouble. Another way to make a
> crossboom that will work great is to take PVC pipe, and insert a wooden
dowl
> in the PVC, then install caps on the ends. Make sure you use PVC cement on
> the caps to hold them in place. 73...

The problem is finding dowels that fit tightly inside!

The best solution is to buy a solid fiberglass rod from somewhere like
MaxGain Systems (www.mgs4u.com) there is one other one also, but I forget
the name.

The solid mast costs about $40 but it's worth it.  I bought the fiberglass
tube and it sags a bit.  If I re-do my setup someday, I will put the solid
rod up there instead.

73,

Jon
KE9NA