Whats in Helium?

While prototyping our next APRS MIM high-altitude telemetry Balloon, I
filled up a party balloon to 18" with helium from the balloon store.

One  Day later it had lost ALL its lift (as expected), but it was still
2/3rds inflated.

What is this 2/3rds if it aint helium?  Did I get sold some bad gas?
Or does party gas not contain mostly Helium?

THis is not just a one time observation.  Kids balloons all seem to
shrivel to about 1/2 volume once all the Helium has permeated out of the
balloon.  What's still in there and did I pay for it?

WB4APR