Re: Help... down to the last two cables.

Mount them in an X.  Keep the tips of the elements as far from the EL boom
as possible.  Do not let the EL boom extend past the antenna boom.  Mount
the antenna to the EL boom so that the driven element is not a multiple of
1/2 wave from the EL boom.

Circularity is not a factor.  Mounting them in a + configuration will cause
SWR problems.  I have used the above X method, as have others, for many
years with excellent results.  I even run the coax up the antenna boom and
across the EL boom to avoid all that coax hanging off the rear of the
antennas.  Makes a neat setup and works well.  As I said, I have used this
configuration for almost twenty years and it works great.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org