Re: threat to 2.4 GHz.?

Hello Andrew.

10 Mar 00 05:09, you wrote to Tony Langdon:

 AR>  Guess I should start paying a little more attention to the new
 AR> gadget market, wasn't aware that the shared use clause for 2.4
 AR> was being used quite so widely.
 AR>  Oh, well, now that I've made a fool of myself...........

Well, if we could find a way to get these things to talk to a satellite, then
it'd be really good. :-)

Yes, we have to live with the reality of millions of low power SS devices
around.  With a bit of luck, space oriented antenna systems will reject a lot
of the noise, simply by pointing skywards.  Might be a problem if the bird goes
behind or just over an office block full of wireless PCs wheh you're trying to
listen on S band...

But we always have the choice of using X band for a downlink. :-)

Tony

.. We do, Chuckie, we do!