Re: Help... down to the last two cables.

on 3/9/00 9:15 PM, Michael P. Olbrisch at kd9kc@elp.rr.com wrote:

> If I remember the message right, I should mount the
> antennae in an X pattern rather than a + pattern.  Is that
> correct?

Some say you should do that.  Others find there is no difference.

If the antennas are truly circularly polarized, it should make no difference
how they are mounted.  Since you are using a metallic cross boom, having
them in the X patter should help to decouple any effects of the boom.  So I
would go that way.

I mounted them in an X because it prevented the antennas from interfering
with my guy wires.

> With luck, I could have it finished tomorrow evening.
> If not, it will be sometime Sunday.  I am shooting an IPSC
> match Saturday, and don't expect to have time to finish the
> job that day.

Cool.  Good luck, Quickdraw!

73,

Jon