threat to 2.4 GHz.?

All,
 I saw something yesterday that makes me wonder if there might be
a new threat to our amateur satellite allocations coming around
the corner.
 A relative of mine (who will remain nameless for obvious reasons)
asked me for some advice on a device they'd seen advertised on
TV. They'd videotaped a presentation on the thing (QVC, now you
know why the above name drop) where they talked about a system
that used a 2.4 GHz. transmitter to distribute TV and audio
signals over "an entire house" with what looked like a small
omni antenna on top of the transmitter box.
 Now I know that the FCC allows these types of low-power devices,
but the signals that we're talking about from the satellites aren't
S-9, so I thought it might be a good idea to pass along a 'head up'
to all on the list on this one.

Later,
Andy Reynolds
WD9IYT