Re: ISS Call sign RZ3DZR

on 3/3/00 9:54 PM, Arthur H Feller at w4art@AMSAT.Org wrote:

> Between us, I am very concerned that one administration is willing to
> assign such a call sign to a uniquely international project.  But, that is
> a separate issue.  Suggest reading the proceedings from the IARU meeting in
> San Diego for more on the subject of call signs.

Why the heck are the Russians taking the lead in all the space station stuff
anyhow.  This was supposed to be an AMERICAN station as originally
envisioned by President Reagan.  We are footing most of the bill for it, why
don't we have an American callsign on board?  Then we wouldn't have any
issues of any kind like that.

73,

Jon
KE9NA