Re: S-Band test

bruninga@nadn.navy.mil writes:

> I tried again today and this time listend on 2 meters.  There was NO ASCII
>  telemtry, but listening with 18 dB antenna gain, I was hearing some weak
>  continuous spurious signals with doppler on SSB mode that had the same AOS
>  and LOS and were on 145.825 more or less.  But nothing very strong at all.
>
>  ALso nothing on Sband still.  Something seems fishy..

Bob,

I tried during the 2030 UTC pass over VT. UO-11 was to the west of me and
reached a max el of 17 degrees. Heard the 2M downlink max at S9 +10. S Band
beacon peaked 1 S unit above the noise floor of my IF rig. I consider this to
be very good seeing as it was such a low pass and I'm not using a preamp in
front of the Drake. Hope this helps!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649