Re: P3D LAUNCH ON TV?

hi all P3D-enthusiasts,

>  Fantastic news about P3D getting a slot on AR507. I was wondering if any
> TV satellites will be broadcasting  the launch from Korou. I sure would
> be great to watch. Does the ESA have anything  similar to NASA TV? I
> assume that the NASA folks won't be showing it. 73 de Doug KA8QCU

for all EUROPEAN TV-watchers (sri 'outsiders'):

take a look at the regional german station BR (Bavarian Television)
it can be found on ASTRA satellite system at 19,2° E: 11.141 GHz,
horizontal, stereo at 7.02/7.20

They have 'space nights' after midnight and do live coverage of the
ARIANE launches
at Kourou with english sound (took over directly from ESA i think)

The DIGITAL footprint is even bigger:

from EA to SP reception should be possible with 50cm to 1m.
11.837GHz horizontal, 27.000  FEC 3/4 (inside the ARD digital pack(age)

have fun

Claus, DF8GH