Web-based SatTrack

Lee Devlin K0LEE wrote:

> I've sent a few messages to Manfred requesting he put the easy sats on his
> site but got no responses.  I guess he feels there are more people actually
> interested in trying to spot satellites visually than there are using them to
> communicate.

Manfred seems to be making SatTrack into a commercial product. The
source to
version 3.1 (and the Y2K fixes) is still available many places online
(Goddess
bless open source!). I have it running on several of my Linux boxen. Lou
William's site was a clever implementation of SatTrack in a Web-based
environment, with an HTML form for the input and rendering output as a
web page, really a nice job. SatTrack rocks hard, too.

I hope to scrape together the cash for a real house (vice an apartment)
sometime
this spring/summer, and Gwen KB3DVJ and I will likely be putting our
Linux server
on a full-time Internet connection once we're established. At that point
I'd
be in a position to put up a service like Lou's, automatically
refreshing the
keps and serving out prediction sheets. I used Lou's site to make my own
first
sat QSO's, but when it vanished I had to learn to roll my own.

Now, once we can put up some decent antennas...I want an FT-847!

73 de Maggie KB3DXS