Re: RS-12/13 question

Thanks to all who replied.  Even to those who obviously didn't read the memo
and tried to tell me how to track satellites.  But then I don't have the
right to casts stones, seeing as how it was right there in the weekly Amsat
bulletin.  In my defense I did do a search for "RS-12" on the Amsat Bulletin
Indexes for 1998, 1999 and 2000 with negative results.  Since there was
nothing in the INDEX, I foolishly didn't actually read any of the bulletins.
MY FAULT.

+Thanks to Paul for giving me the exact URL with label# for the latest
bulletin.
+Thanks to Michael for also pointing to the bulletins.

Still all in all, this isn't unique to the RS birds.  In general it's not as
easy to get started as the various article makes it out to be.  Because of
the dynamic changes in modes and conditions it's all rather daunting to a
new user.    It may be very easy for someone with a IC-821, and 2  HF rigs.
But for those of use with a single HF rig and a dualband HT it's not exactly
a cakewalk.

AGAIN A BIG THANKS to all who have put in many hours and dollars getting
these birds up there.    And in general to everyone who did take the time to
reply.   All of the replies were reasonably polite.

Alf - W4ADS
Alf Sauvé - Marketing Manager Internet Dial
MCI Worldcom
Bus: 770 284-6027  vnet 949-6027
email: alf.sauve@wcom.com