insat 3b

The Ariane 505 launch on March 21 includes the Insat 3b satellite from the
Indian Space Research Organization.

Out of curiosity I went looking for information on the satellite and found
a very complete and interesting page at
http://www.isro.org/insat3b.htm

Their press release said that the air shipment of the satellite and
associated equipment to Kourou was 20 tonnes!

The other satellite on this launch is called AsiaStar. I could not find
much on it other than the coverage. You can look at

http://worldspace.bitwrench.com/aboutus/faq.html

happy surfing, ron w8gus.