Re: Egg Beater Antennas.

At 10:08 AM 3/3/00 , you wrote:
>I looked at the address posted in the "Egg-Beater" thread, and am
>fascinated.  Can anyone tell me where I can get more information on
>constructing one of these beasts?
Hi Dave,

I did some experimenting some time back, and found the quadrifilar design
much improved over the egg beater.

I have no way to measure absolute gain, and all of my testing was done on a
comparative basis using an "instant switch" procedure.  The quad is
obviously constructed for either rhcp or lhcp, but when I suspected a
polarity switch, sometimes confirmed by comparing to my 40CX (switchable
polarity), the quad performance was superior....try one out...

Articles at:
http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads

        73 de Dave, wb6llo@amsat.org

                            Disagree; I learn.