Re: Dish aiming

Hi Richard

Very good point !      Here is where the diameter of the dish versus the
frequency of use can provide a given beam width.        I try to pick a
dish diameter that provides about 17 degrees.      That matches my other
antennas so that pointing the array  is simplified.       If all antennas
are about the same beam width no one antenna requires special attention
during a microwave QSO.    My method of planning the beam width may make
me modify how much up link power I need.      This method allows the same
old rotor to handle the job.     Remember those dishes become smaller as
the frequency increases

Have  Fun

Joe Murray  K0VTY
Amsat # 0860