Re: Dish aiming

Assuming that the rotor controller interface uses an 8 bit A/D converter
that divides the AZ 360 degrees into 0-254 segments, then the AZ accuracy
can be about +/- 1.4 (360/254) degrees regardless of the control box to
rotor accuracy.  The EL accuracy from the same arrangement would be 180/254
or 0.7 degrees.  Then on top of that the accuracy in actual pointing would
depend on the linearity of the resistance of the rotor position
potentiometer, gear lash, etc.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org