Re: RS-12/13 question

At 02:01 PM 3/2/00 -0500, alf sauve wrote:
>How do you know?

Weekly updates aren't always enough to keep up, and not all the satellite controllers bother to tell us what's changing when. That's a problem with the RS satellites; there seems to be no communications path between the RS controllers and anybody outside of Russia. Nevertheless, almost all of the information is usually correct, thanks to the hard work of N1JEZ and NN0DJ.

>then could someone ensure links to such a page are readily available on
>other pages?

There's a large bold link on the AMSAT-NA home page that says "Latest ANS News".

On the RS-12/13 satellite summary page (which I think you said you visited) it says "The latest information is available from the AMSAT News Service" and there's a link that takes you directly to the weekly update on RS-12/13.

I don't know how to make it much easier. Suggestions are welcome.

I guess the bottom line is that web pages are not a perfect substitute for a knowledgeable elmer who can answer your questions and set you straight on any points of confusion. Barring a major breakthrough in artificial intelligence, they never will be.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org