Re: P3D LAUNCH ON TV?

ka8qcu@juno.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>  Fantastic news about P3D getting a slot on AR507. I was wondering if any
> TV satellites will be broadcasting  the launch from Korou. I sure would
> be great to watch. Does the ESA have anything  similar to NASA TV? I
> assume that the NASA folks won't be showing it. 73 de Doug KA8QCU

Hello,

ESA usually shows the launch and uses several TVRO satellites.  They have a
press release before the launch giving the satellites and transponders.
Since it is (currently) the PAS-1R launch you can be sure the launch will be
put up on a satellite visible to North America.  One advantage of having a
TVRO Dish is alot of satellite lauches are shown.

73 Eric eac@shore.net  WB1HBU