Re: SSTV on the birds

and jim hertel writes:
> this sounds interesting . would like to know if it is ok to do sstv?
> and what part of the band would there be sstv on sats.

Its all a matter of satellite power resources. Sure, the heavy duty cycle
hits the power budget and if a lot of it were to happen (like allowing FM
thru the linear transponders) there would be concern.

But RTTY and SSTV don't happen constantly. Given the response to the images
from Mir, and the good publicity and enthusiasm that they generate, I don't
have a problem with SSTV (as long as everyone doesn't start doing it). This
is the position I give in beginners talks too.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188