Re: RS-15

When operating in Toronto, I had good success with RS-15 with the following
set-up:
- Teletec 160w amp
- steerable ancient Cushcraft ant (estimated gain 6 - 8dB)
- 10m one-wavelength loop ant at about 26ft
- tried pre-amps; made life worse (more breakthrough)
- I had about 100ft of coax; went to N-connectors to help out...

I was able to make consistent contacts into Europe with this set-up
Interestingly, the sigs went up towards the end of the pass (over water a
factor ??)

So, I believe ERP is the key. And I never felt I was overloading the sat -
it's not exactly crowded <g>

Rod, KQ6ZF, ex-VE3INE