Egg Beaters

One of the ways that I have tried to economize when it comes to satellites
is by constructing my own antennas.  I currently have two quagies which I
built from the Antenna Handbook and I am looking forward to getting them
back up on the roof and on the air.

I have been trying to research and investigate more portable antenna systems
than my 12 - 15 foot quagies (for Field Day and other uses). I have read
various things about egg beaters here and I have a question for the group.
I have received information from a tech support person at M2, and I am
interested in other opinions & experiences.

Specifically, has anyone experimented with a dual band (144/432) eggbeater?
Considering that 144 and 432 are exact multiples of each other, will a 2M
eggbeater resonate at 432?  If you built a 432 eggbeater inside a 144
version, would the 432 pattern be significantly degraded?

Any and all discussion would be greatly appreciated.  It's time to start
preparing and experimenting for this years Field Day effort.

Thanks very much in advance - 73,

Ralph G. Sbragia, CSP, CHST
Board Certified Safety Professional
KD6FYT