Re: CM on FM

Margaret Leber wrote:

> > >Have been reading the mail concerning too much use on FM sats. The solution
> > >it seems is to make all future sats strictly for CW use.  This would
> > >eliminate the "no coders" and allow good contacts to be made between ham
> > >operators.
>
> It's so good that we have Morse proficency as a measure of character.
> Besides, it fits right in with my proposal to only allow Internet use by
> those who have demonstrated competance in C programming.
>
> Let's get rid of those "no-coders" who are screwing up the Net; they'll
> just turn it into CB.
>
> After all...lets see: 60wpm is 300 chars/min or 5 chars/sec. That nets
> out to
> about 40 baud worth of asynch datacomm.
>
> We already *have* pacsats, let's all use a mode that works at 40 baud
> with
> human TNCs. <grin>
>
> I can see it now: "Support P3D: 40 baud on 24GHz"
>
> (sarcasm ends)
>
> You know, we are given our bands by the public to use as a laboratory.
> How long will we keep them if we insist on using them as a museum
> instead?
>
>  73s de Maggie
>
> ...who's passing her Extra practice tests pretty regularly now...
> even though there don't seem to be any questions about software...yet.
>
> --

Hello Maggie,
            Very well put, specially the last paragraph !!
  Some should read "THE AMATEUR'S CODE" (not morse code) in the front
of  most ARRL handbooks.  Paragraph ONE."The Amateur is Considerate...
He never knowingly uses the air in such a way as to lessen the pleasure
for others."
  Paragraph THREE."The Amateur is Progressive...He keeps his station
abreast of science..." etc.
       Think this says it all.

--
                          73 de Tony....VK5ZAI.
                            |  Email: hutchja@riverland.net.au  |
                            | or Email:   vk5zai@amsat.org      |
   PS.   Check out out the Riverland Radio Clubs Web page
at...
             http://www.riverland.net.au/~rrc/