Re: Re: True North vs Magnetic

 Hi all,

 I've always heard that the way you determine True North from Magnetic North is
by waiting for the Sun to reach Solar Noon, (i.e. the Sun's azimuth at your
location is at 180 degrees. Note: This is usually not at 12:00 PM local noon
time!) then you simply observe the shawdow cast from say a perpendicular rod,
and the shawdow of the rod at that point, points to True North wherever you're
at.

 73, Clinton Herbert AB7RG